Sunday, June 11, 2006

You cant pick your relatives

and dear lord there are days, weeks even that I wish I could. Dont get me wrong I love my family; in the way that one is supposed to love thier families. But good lord these people are batshit crazy. Someday we will get into the stories of the crazy and there are many. My favorite one is the time my father sold the house & went out & bought a new one only my mom she was away as in not around. But, as usual I digress.

I have an older brother for better or for worse he is my blood and I have his back. I would not be lying by telling you that my brother would sell me down the river for a nickel. Homeslice has no sense of loyalty, at least not to me. I remember being kids & getting my ass kicked form one end of the house to the other for something he did or didnt do. I also remember then getting my ass kicked from one end of the house to the other for him not covering my ass! He's a treasure I know, but to this day at the end of it all he is my drunk-ass brother & I've got his back.

He calls me tonight to ask me if I am comming home on Wednesday for the family dinner. Keep in mind I live 6 hours (round trip) away. I explain that it is with the deepest regret that I will not be attending my Aunts homecomming feast. So then my brother, the brainchild says to me "Oh so are you just gonna meet us at the airport when she gets off the plane."

The drunk-ass was actually shocked when I said flat out "NO" and wanted to know why. I was gonna ask him if he was stoned but then realized I already knew the answer to that. He totally was. However, he continued asking me why oh why wasnt I meeting my aunt, my fathers youngest sister when she arrived in town.

I took a deep breath and chose my words carefully between me & you oh internet I wanted to scream "Cause the woman hates me & everything that is important to me you dumb drunk-ass!! There is not enough vodka in the freaking world and I doubt you are gonna share you stash." Alas I exhaled & calmly replied "Dude, I gotta work. I am totally bummed I cant make it though."

Drunk-ass bought it hook, line & sinker!! Sucker! He even said he was sure the aunt that I havent talked in close to 10 years would be really upet that I wasnt there. (Keep in mind the only reason I talked to her 10 years ago was to take a mesage for my dad after I anwered the phone.) Of course I totally agreed because once again I want to make sure my big brother doesnt get hurt.

Who knows maybe I did the wrong thing by lying to my brother but in my heart I think I did the best thing for him. I told him what he needed to hear and left out what I wanted to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home