Thursday, July 06, 2006

Its been a while

Cause I suck and well there is the whole insanely busy thing. These days I feel like I am drowning in commitments; family, personal, professional. I feel like everyone wants a piece of me and it is all I can do to breathe.

First, there is the who work thing. Lets just say my job while a good one is far from my dream job. Sadly, the bottom fell out of the trophy wife market just as I broke onto the scene so teleco sales is what I settled for. I love my paycheck and my benefits; the golden handcuffs if you will that shackle me to my desk from 8:30 to 5:00 every freaking day.

My work days have gotten crazy hectic and he pressure is on. Not just me my co-workers as well and although I love them this is my blog, they have to go someplace else to bitch. Sorry guys! But the sell sell sell, balloons on my cube, notes about numbers are grating on my last nerve. I haven't even started on the people who make the same amount of money I do and barely carry their own weight.


Then my batshit crazy family. . .They call and call and call some more. If I have to answer questions about when I am having surgery or why one more time I am gonna scream. Then god love her my mom is planning out my recuperation as if it is a trip to Disneyland. I am gonna want 3 things post opp drugs, peace & quiet. My mother is gonna make a fuss and I may have to wash my painkillers down with vodka.

Don't get me wrong I am grateful that I have my family no matter how insane but sometimes I just wish they could tone down the crazy. I know they are concerned and are trying to be helpful but I would like one conversation to start without "I was thinking after your surgery..."

My friends are fabulous and supportive and listen to me bitch and moan and complain about everything. They take it all in without judgment even if they don't agree with the choices I am making or have made they are there. They give me shoulders to cry on and a smile or even a hug when I desperately need it. They each know me in some cases better than I know myself. Overprotective, supportive, and overall a fantastic bunch.

They sound perfect don't they? They totally are! How do I repay them? I don't return phone calls, emails or text messages. I am so wrapped up in my own life I forget that they need the same love & support from me. For that my friends I am truly sorry. Please know that I love you all and once my crazy life settles down I will be better about stuff. PINKY SWEAR!!

So now internet you can see how I am being pulled in different directions and there just isn't enough of me to go around. I know get in line behind the millions of other people who feel the same way and quit yer bitchin already and I promise once I hit publish, I will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy L said...

Well speaking as your friend-- We don't mind Mel! We know you're going through a lot right now. Just know we are here for you when you are ready to reach out!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home