Thursday, April 26, 2007

Stapler Boy. . .

I know, I know you all saw the title & wanted to shut off your computer or smash it with your red swingline. Sorry folks but just tough it out...Please? I feel like I have so much to say yet nothing to say at the same time. I hate being unemployed but it certainly feels better than my last job did. I was in a word: miserable. More so than I ever was with really large phone company type place. At least at really large phone company type place you knew your friends would not let you fail. At my last place your so called friends set you up to fail.

I hate being single but I hate being in a relationship just for the sake of not being single even more. Stapler Boys return has really made me think about a lot of things. Specifically, the person I was the last 2 times we tried this. The first time I was shallow, selfish & demanding. I wanted what I wanted & that was it. I could have given a rats ass about what he wanted or needed.

The second time we dated I needed someone but did not want that person to need me. Again with the theme of the selfish. I am not saying that he was perfect. He wasn't. He admits it. Up until today, I never have. I guess that answers the what is different question. This time we have both admitted our past mistakes and are trying. Where that is going to take us I dont know but for the first time in a long time I am excited about going anywhere.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is strange. I did a google search for my short story 'Stapler Boy' and this was one of the returns. You may be amused to read it if you do the same thing!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home