Tuesday, October 24, 2006

On the road again

Well it is true I am back & on the road again. SO SO much has changed I don't even know where to start. I mentioned the new wheels which I love. I am still single, my family is still batshit crazy & my friends are still the best group of people I know.

My Darling Diva blessed me with a gorgeous litter of 10 puppies 4 weeks ago. I will be keeping a little girl, feel free to comment with some name ideas. Winner gets my undying love & affection.

Also I quit my job. Yep up & quit. I was due back from my surgical leave & instead of calling & saying I will be in on Monday I called & said I will be in on Friday to clean out my desk. I am working in retail and it is an environment that I truly believe I can reach my potential in. Before you all go thinking I am a cashier at Wally World think again. I am management baby!

This job opportunity presented itself while I was out. I interviewed & that was that last I thought about the job. That is until they called me with an offer. On the surface it as a slight pay-cut but with some of the perks I will end up the same if not better than I was.

The best part is I can be "fun" again. Over the course of the 8 weeks I was out of work for my surgical leave I had more people comment on how "happy" or "relaxed" I was. And you know what? They were right. I had no idea that my job that I thought I was happy with was making me so miserable.

I am looking forward to my new life but I have to admit it was very difficult to leave behind the friends who became my extended family I have made over the last 8 years. I know I will still talk to them everyday it is just that I wont be seeing them everyday.

So here I sit in a hotel room in VA training for my new job & looking forward to my future.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy L said...

Welcome back!!!!

12:32 PM  
Blogger "Honey, I'm Home" said...

Congratulations on the career move. I know what that is like... I am trying to do the same thing myself.

We need to get together - so not that you are happier please give me a shout so we can meet up, cause I ain't coming to your house... Me and my Cynophobia

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy & sad at the same time
Im conflicted, but nothing I cant fix by buying you a drink!

happy birthday girlie......

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home